Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Aug 20, 2008, 12:32 AM   #1
yoAlex
macrumors member

Docking iPhone With Case - Universal Dock Recommendations?

I'm looking to dock my first-gen iPhone with its case on ... so instead of purchasing a slimmer case (ie. skin), I figure I'm better off getting a universal dock (my current iPhone/case combo will not fit the first-gen dock) as I'd rather not bother constantly taking off the bottom part of the case.

So are there any good and inexpensive universal docks available? Do they charge and sync - or only charge? I'm mainly interested in charging since this dock will be located at work.

Thanks for your help!
yoAlex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 03:19 AM   #2
senorFunkyPants
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoAlex View Post
I'm looking to dock my first-gen iPhone with its case on ... so instead of purchasing a slimmer case (ie. skin), I figure I'm better off getting a universal dock (my current iPhone/case combo will not fit the first-gen dock) as I'd rather not bother constantly taking off the bottom part of the case.

So are there any good and inexpensive universal docks available? Do they charge and sync - or only charge? I'm mainly interested in charging since this dock will be located at work.

Thanks for your help!
I would go for the proper apple universal dock, it comes with a range of inserts and a remote control...charges, syncs and plays music via the line out, well worth the 20 or so it costs online.
senorFunkyPants is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 04:08 AM   #3
Dembo
macrumors regular

Just ordered a Universal Dock since my Capsule Rebel case came with a Universal Dock adapter so it should fit nicely while in its case.
Dembo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2008, 01:59 PM   #4
Caleb Lyons
macrumors newbie

How is the Universal Dock working out for you? I have the Capsule Rebel case as well, and I'm on the fence about getting that one or the Griffin Simplifi.

My only concern is charging with the case on can hold in heat and mess with your battery life...
Caleb Lyons is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2008, 03:38 PM   #5
Dembo
macrumors regular

Dock works exceptionally well with the iPhone in its Neo or Rebel case. Charging & syncing works well, so does communication with the remote. My iPhone is definitely not getting hot when charging so no issues there either.
Dembo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories