Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fstfrwrd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
Belgium
iphone-bluetooth-headset.jpg

Will this one work with my Macbook as well?
If that's the case, I'm definitely buying one. It'll be great using this along with Skype.

And if not, any alternatives that DO work?

BigHungry04

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2008
Kentucky
If the iPhone and the MB use the same version of Bluetooth, then it should work. However the only way to know is to try it. Also don't know if Skype would support bluetooth, I don't use Skype.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I use skype, but even I'm not sure if skype uses bluetooth. you could always try, and if it doesn't work just return it. or maybe when ur at the store, you could the reps there, skype is usually for business people, so the sales reps might know about it.

BigHungry04

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2008
Kentucky
My experience with sales reps is that they will tell you whatever they can to get you to buy their product. This Circuit City salesperson tried telling me that only Monster HDMI cables can do 1080p. I bought the cheaper one and hey, guess what, I'm watching Blu-ray movies on my PS3 in 1080p.

hooly

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
my experiences with pairing my MBP with an iphoe bluetooth headset were not good. Connection was intolerably poor/crackly.

Google searching revealed bluetooth headset issues in general with mac computers... Something I am hoping will improve :)

Edit: for example

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.