Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:15 AM   #1
Punkwaffle
macrumors regular

Playon and ActiveTV for Mac

Does anyone know if anything like this is available for mac?

Basically, it lets you view Youtube, Hulu, and other streaming video in a nice program-guide like way without actually going to the websites. If a mac version existed, I would finally ditch cable.
Punkwaffle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:18 AM   #2
uva25
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwaffle View Post
Does anyone know if anything like this is available for mac?

Basically, it lets you view Youtube, Hulu, and other streaming video in a nice program-guide like way without actually going to the websites. If a mac version existed, I would finally ditch cable.
I just came to this site to find out if there are plans for this to work on the Apple TV or Tivo. I have a PC and Mac so it won't be an issue for me but I'd rather have it on my Mac. Sounds like a huge winner if it works with any sort of quality.
uva25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater