Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:03 PM   #1
train99
macrumors newbie

iBook G4.. stuck at grey startup screen

Hi all, I've been checking around the forum for solutions to get past the grey screen (has the apple in the middle and the other 'circle' below that).

I already took it to the Apple Store. The Genius Bar ran the whole diagnostic routine: everything checked out.. no major software/hardware issues. "it looks good, all you need to do is reinstall the OS X"..

So, I went home and followed their directions (insert disc, press the power button while holding down the 'C' button). I'm still stuck at the grey screen and the cd ejected (after a minute inside. the drive sounded like it was working. but nothing at the end of its 'routine').

I tried a couple other power button routines (pressing the alt/option button) but still got stuck.

I'm going to make another appointment at the store (I would have had them perform the reinstall but that would have costed $50).

Any suggestions?
thanks!
train99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 12:07 PM   #2
bigorangekitty
macrumors newbie

i have the same problem
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=560154

how was this resolved?
bigorangekitty is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs