Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:38 PM   #26
.Chris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Just curious, are the low inventory numbers hitting specific iPod models, or all of them?
Well I was at target last night, they had one 8GB touch on hand, along with 3 black, , 1 green 3 sliver nanos and 0 ipod classics...

They then had 3 "superpacks" for target stores only. It included a 4GB nano, a case and a $15 i tunes gift card for $149.

I personaly would never buy electronics like an ipod from target. Costco is the best place. They ALWAYS have the ipods 10 bucks cheeper then the other places plus great return policy. some complain because you cant see the actual product or take the actual box up to the regester. who cares. same goes for computers and TVs you idiots
.Chris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:39 PM   #27
mmoosa
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
Man they might even include a VoIP application too!
Oh PALEEEESSS! :P
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:43 PM   #28
Mark2000
macrumors regular

Yeah, and iPod is an iPod, but when are the new Macbooks and MB Pros coming out? I'm all saved up and waiting specifically for the refresh. On pins and needles, even!
Mark2000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:46 PM   #29
.Chris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2000 View Post
Yeah, and iPod is an iPod, but when are the new Macbooks and MB Pros coming out? I'm all saved up and waiting specifically for the refresh. On pins and needles, even!
Agreed. I'm holding out on getting a new laptop (HP screwed up my machine. Never going back to them again) I'll hold off till mid september. If apple gets updates and I like what I'll see I'll buy otherwise I'll go somewhere else as I've already been wating for 4 months.,..
.Chris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:48 PM   #30
thecartoonguy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
Man they might even include a VoIP application too!
Oooh yea and it will fart rainbows, and talking unicorns will play leap frog with us. Honestly, if your not going to pass the bong, at least put it down, really VoIp?
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:58 PM   #31
justonemorethin
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Just curious, are the low inventory numbers hitting specific iPod models, or all of them?
All
justonemorethin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:03 PM   #32
kiwi031
macrumors member

iPod Inventory

We have OK inventory of Classics and 4GB Nanos but the 8GB Nanos (in any colour) have been really hard to come by over the past 1 or 2 months...

Before the last refresh we were COMPLETELY out of any iPods of any kind for about 2 months before the event. With a bit of luck supply would get that bad this time!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:05 PM   #33
OrangeCrush
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra View Post
Good, about D&£$!£$! Time too!

I've been drooling for a Nano for ages.... but if they change the design I'm jumping to go for a current model I think it's perfect in size.

Though I've heard that the Touch will not be different in design, only some moderate upgrades will take place. However the only note worthy thing to mention I think is the fact that NIKE will play a big part in this new update. I know a guy at Nike who says they've been told that the new iPods will be a major hit with runners. So I assume the Nike software will be a little more than just a plug and play thing. It seems that for once we might not need those things in our shoes! The Touch might be able to handle the steps on it's own if worn on your hips, and if this is any indication of any updated for the nano, I'm guessing it's going to be the same for them. Motion sensor in the nano to be more compatible with the Nike merger of the new software.

I can't confirm this, so take it as it is... Though I don't have a reason NOT to believe him cause he didn't seem that hyped about new iPods, but he did mention that the software written for the new Nike app, suggests some minor new modifications to the iPods.

Time will tell and I hope I'll like the new design. I love the current fatty iPods.

That would be cool--a cross between an iPod and a Garmin GPS watch!!!
OrangeCrush is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:06 PM   #34
iParis
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to iParis Send a message via MSN to iParis
I can't wait for the new iPods.
And since an earlier poster said that there were no Classics, does this mean we might also see an iPod Classic refresh?
If everything turns out as I think it will, I am really looking forward to getting an iPod Touch 16GB for $300 and an iPod Classic 240GB $350.
- Mac mini C2D 1.83GHz / 4GB ram / 120GB HD / 10.8.4
iParis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:09 PM   #35
midwstguy69
macrumors newbie

Time Capsule seems to be out of stock on some sites (Best Buy) and stores.
midwstguy69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:38 PM   #36
levitynyc
macrumors 6502a

Any chance we finally see wireless headphones and wireless syncing?
levitynyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:44 PM   #37
franzmueller
macrumors regular

With all the great apps for the ipod Touch I am missing a loudspeaker so much !!!!

Oh by the way .... please add also external volume controls would you ?

And a cam would be also nice

Thanks

Saludos
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:47 PM   #38
!¡ V ¡!
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by levitynyc View Post
Speaking from experience, the Bluetooth 2.1 Stereo Headphones don't work that great. Then again I have only tried a few brands and disliked the output experience.

Wireless sinking even with Bluetooth 2.1 is slow, a USB 2.0 plus is still way better.
!¡ V ¡! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:52 PM   #39
Aznsensation45
macrumors regular

let's start getting those photshoppers workin'!!!
Aznsensation45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:53 PM   #40
iParis
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to iParis Send a message via MSN to iParis
Quote:
Originally Posted by levitynyc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzmueller View Post
With all the great apps for the ipod Touch I am missing a loudspeaker so much !!!!

Oh by the way .... please add also external volume controls would you ?

And a cam would be also nice

Thanks

Saludos
All great possibilities.
Everybody wants a camera, especially me since I thik that the camera on the iPhone is effing amazing for a phone.

Although I don't think we will see wireless headphones and wireless syncing until the refreshment in for fall '09.
- Mac mini C2D 1.83GHz / 4GB ram / 120GB HD / 10.8.4
iParis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:54 PM   #41
fad1
macrumors newbie

What about the new macbooks. I already have an iPhone 3G so september iPod refresh really wont matter to me, but what about the new redesigned macbook? when are they arriving? I'm holding off a laptop now because I am waiting for a new macbook.
fad1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:58 PM   #42
iMacmatician
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
AppleInsider claims[/url] that iPod retailers are starting to get signals of an impending iPod refresh.

Target's iPod inventory has reportedly had a change in status from "Active" to "Discontinued" while UK retailer Argos is prepping to clear out their current iPod inventory in anticipation of the updates:Apple is widely expected to release new iPods in September. Rumors have pointed to a new iPod Touch and iPod nano redesign.]
Any (more) news on Mac clearances / other signals of a refresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleve View Post
Yayyyyyyyy!!

Does that mean there will only be one color scheme of iPod?

And there won't be a 64 GB iPod touch when there aren't any feasible chips that would give that capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
What about the new macbooks. I already have an iPhone 3G so september iPod refresh really wont matter to me, but what about the new redesigned macbook? when are they arriving? I'm holding off a laptop now because I am waiting for a new macbook.
September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwstguy69 View Post
Time Capsule seems to be out of stock on some sites (Best Buy) and stores.
Next Tuesday…

iMacmatician is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:07 PM   #43
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
yeah, this is a safe bet. it seems they always refresh the ipods around this time of year
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:20 PM   #44
aafuss1
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to aafuss1 Send a message via MSN to aafuss1 Send a message via Yahoo to aafuss1
In Australia, iPods haven't sold out as such yet.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:22 PM   #45
Eidorian
macrumors Penryn

Send a message via AIM to Eidorian
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMacmatician View Post
Any (more) news on Mac clearances / other signals of a refresh?
Refurbished prices have dropped.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:27 PM   #46
ipedro
macrumors 68020

Prediction: iPod Touch w/ HDD replaces Classic

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Classic replaced by an iPod Touch with an HDD.

The iPod Touch's screen is perfect for video and photos but the memory format prevents the Touch from reaching its full potential with its very limiting 32GB ceiling.

On the other hand, the iPod Classic's huge drive is overkill for most music owners. Using the Classic for video is not ideal due to it's small screen's dimensions.

The Classic's HDD is a perfect match for the Touch's screen. Such a combination makes the Classic irrelevant. A 160GB or even 200GB would be just slightly thicker than the current iPod touch, perhaps the same width as the iPhone.

As for the Nano, I don't think that the it'll go touch. The Nano will probably maintain the click wheel as it's great for running and other sports. Furthermore, adding a new touch screen size would complicate the development of apps.

I'm predicting a simplification of the iPod line to a choice between an iPod Nano and a Touch:

iPod Nano 16GB
iPod Nano 32GB

iPod Touch 32GB (flash)
iPod Touch 100GB (HDD)
iPod Touch 200GB (HDD)
ipedro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:29 PM   #47
JPIndustrie
macrumors 6502

"Pfft, iPods? Irelevant."

"iPods? O! You mean apple makes other things?"

Sorry one more:

"Hey guys. 2004 called. They want their overhyped gadget back."
JPIndustrie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:36 PM   #48
kiwi031
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipedro View Post

The Classic's HDD is a perfect match for the Touch's screen. Such a combination makes the Classic irrelevant. A 160GB or even 200GB would be just slightly thicker than the current iPod touch, perhaps the same width as the iPhone.

[/B]

Mate I've taken apart Old 20GB's, new Classics and Touches... I reckon if they put a 1.8" HDD in the touch it would be a hell of a lot thicker, quite a bit more than the iPhone. The touch is increadibly compact, throwing in a HDD would add a tremendous amount of width not only cos of the HDD but the SATA connector, surrounding padding, etc.

We can always pray tho!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:45 PM   #49
iMacmatician
macrumors 601

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Classic replaced by an iPod Touch with an HDD.
The iPod touch won't have a HD, and the iPod nano won't go touch either.

Quote:
As for the Nano, I don't think that the it'll go touch. The Nano will probably maintain the click wheel as it's great for running and other sports. Furthermore, adding a new touch screen size would complicate the development of apps.
The display would most likely only be slightly smaller (2.8"~3.2").

If anything, the iPod touch will have a price drop (8 GB $249) or there will be a 2.8"~3.2" "iPod touch nano."
iMacmatician is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:47 PM   #50
xix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug67 View Post
200 GB Classic?
Not sure, but I think the single platter drives have a capacity of 120 gigs, which would make the two platter drive a 240 gig iPod. Sign me up!
xix is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion