Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w...b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
So my brother got the white iphone but decides that its to much of a 'childish' phone for him (he's 31 :p) and got a blackberry curve again. Now he said he will give me he white and ill give him my 8g to sell. The only problem is that i had a little water damage when putting on the Zagg shield. The water marker at the bottom is a little red - just on the edges - and the earphone one is fine. I will post some pics of the damage. Its really minimal and doesnt bother me at all.

I also wanted to know if i would have any problems putting my apps on this phone as well as movies and what not. Since my itunes would already be registered to the 8g black?

w...b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
here is a pic. The dots are left over from the water damage. the lines are from the zagg shield, and i took the picture with a white flashlight screen.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    560.9 KB · Views: 112

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't know what you can get for the phone but how in the world did you get water damage from the Zagg Shield? I mean, I understand you use water to apply, but how much water did you use that caused damage? Most seem to apply it without damage (me included on the front only).

iphone529

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
take the black one back to the Apple store and ask them to replace it, say that the light leak was always there and it didn't bother you until now. they should exchange it for you.

w...b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
I don't know what you can get for the phone but how in the world did you get water damage from the Zagg Shield? I mean, I understand you use water to apply, but how much water did you use that caused damage? Most seem to apply it without damage (me included on the front only).

from what i can tell, water went through the ear piece and through the light leak area. About 2/3 of the screen was filled with water. i stuck it in a bag of dry rice and all the water was removed. Except those 3 or 4 dots. Other people on this forum had that problem as well

take the black one back to the Apple store and ask them to replace it, say that the light leak was always there and it didn't bother you until now. they should exchange it for you.

Im from Toronto, Canada so im pretty sure the apple store here wouldnt really handle the exchanges, as rogers is taking care of that right now. Also as i stated before the water marker on the bottom is a little red.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.