Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:35 PM   #1
drarrex7
macrumors newbie

Checkbook Apps with Online Component

I'm looking for a checkbook-type app that can sync transactions with some sort of web-based service, where the transactions can also be added/edited. What I'm imagining is basically the functionality of Zenbe Lists, but applied to a checkbook application. That would be really handy from an accessibility standpoint, but it would also be a great way to protect the data. Right now I'm using PocketMoney, which I've liked overall, but all the data is stored on the device. With data loss being a problem with some updates, that makes me a bit nervous.

So far I've found a service called ClearCheckBook (http://www.clearcheckbook.com). They seem to have a decent online interface for managing and balancing your checkbook, and they mention that a native app is in the works.

That service looks hopeful, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any other services or applications that are already implementing this type of thing? Or if there are any others in the works?
drarrex7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 07:38 AM   #2
yoppie
macrumors 6502a

I know it's not the information you're looking for but Clearcheckbook is good. I have been using it for about 9 mos. and currently you can use the web app or sms to update your checkbook by mobile phone. The native app will be released with version 3 or so the developers say but overall it's a very nice service, you can't beat it if a register is all you want.
yoppie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:18 PM   #3
drarrex7
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input, that information helps as well. I did play around with their site some, and it looks nice. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it, and see what V3 and the iPhone app look like.
drarrex7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps