Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digbyp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
This started with v2.01 and also continues with v2.02, as confirmed by hundreds (if not thousands) of others.

I had all apps working after a restore on v2.01 and then upgraded to v2.02, which immediately stopped apps from working.

What seems to be working for me (3 days of no apps crashing)

1 - Restore iPhone to v2.02 (set-up as new iPhone)
2 - Delete all apps in your iTunes library (mine is v 7.71)
3 - re-start computer, disconnect and re-start iphone (not sure if this is important, just did it)
4 - Dowload apps again (will not charge you twice)
5 - Sync apps to iPhone

Having probably 30-40 apps, I did this progressively over 3 days and everything is still fine. Hope this works for you.

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
This started with v2.01 and also continues with v2.02, as confirmed by hundreds (if not thousands) of others.

I had all apps working after a restore on v2.01 and then upgraded to v2.02, which immediately stopped apps from working.

What seems to be working for me (3 days of no apps crashing)

1 - Restore iPhone to v2.02 (set-up as new iPhone)
2 - Delete all apps in your iTunes library (mine is v 7.71)
3 - re-start computer, disconnect and re-start iphone (not sure if this is important, just did it)
4 - Dowload apps again (will not charge you twice)
5 - Sync apps to iPhone

Having probably 30-40 apps, I did this progressively over 3 days and everything is still fine. Hope this works for you.

This has worked for me for going on 6 days now. No restore needed...

https://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=161

I think going back to iTunes 7.7.0 is the answer until Apple has a permanent solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.