Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:19 PM   #1
themadchemist
macrumors 68030

MLK Day

Hey guys. Last year, Northwestern's student govt. started the practice of distributing buttons in commemoration of Martin Luther King Day. Well, it's generally the job of the committee I run. I procrastinated, but about a week ago I got a funding source. So today I whipped up a design and sent it to the printers.

I thought I'd share the design with you. I obtained the drawing of Martin Luther King from the official university program for the Observance. That's also where I got the slogan Remember•Celebrate•Act.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Images

Old Jan 12, 2004, 07:54 PM   #2
MoparShaha
macrumors 68000

I like it very much. Looks distinguished. Well done.
MoparShaha is offline   0
Old Jan 12, 2004, 09:35 PM   #3
ThomasJefferson
macrumors 6502

I agree, looks great. Nice simple graphic, straightforward message.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 08:37 PM   #4
wdlove
macrumors 604

Nice job on the button, themadchemist. It is a different portrait of him and so it stands out.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 08:53 PM   #5
themadchemist
macrumors 68030

Thanks very much for the kind words everyone. It turned out well, I think, because I had the good fortune of being provided with a nice slogan and an excellent portrait by the university official who was hired to design the programs. It was, then, an easy task for me to convert that information into button form for the student government's efforts.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 08:56 PM   #6
Dont Hurt Me
macrumors 603

like it accept for the c & t in Act. they look so close together that it looks like a d. perhaps its just the transfer of image to the net.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community