Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iakona

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
I glanced through here and didn't see a post for this. I apologize if I'm duplicating efforts.

I have an ipod classic. Its my second one after my first was stolen. Both of them have historically skipped songs. I've found these are random songs, but only the ones I have gotten off the itunes store. Any that I've ripped are fine. This problem continued when I got my second ipod.

I've tried to just ignore this, but you know what its like to be listening to Blues and just as you are hearing their problems the song goes to the next one? I feel so incomplete.

Anyway, thanks for any assistance you can provide. I really appreciate it.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I have had this happen with older songs I have and have found the only solution to be reimporting the songs. If this is happening with purchased songs, I'd contact Apple and see if they would allow you to delete all the iTMS songs from your computer and redownload them all.

TEG

Iakona

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
I have had this happen with older songs I have and have found the only solution to be reimporting the songs. If this is happening with purchased songs, I'd contact Apple and see if they would allow you to delete all the iTMS songs from your computer and redownload them all.

TEG

I had to do re-download them all when I purchased my second iPod. It keeps happening. DOH.

Thank you for the response. I appreciate the feedback.

bender0069

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
I've had this problem recently, with the only difference being, the songs were skipped completely. What I did was create a new iTunes library, deauthorized the account then synced my iPod back the iTunes. I got the warning saying that my iPod was synced to another library and I told it to sync with the new one, then the warning that all my songs were not copied because of the autherization issue. Then I reauthorized my account and resynced the iPod. Now all the songs play. (if you don't sync the ipod with the song unauthorized then resync with the authorized then you will still have the same problem, at least I did).

If you don't know how to create a new iTunes library you can find the instructions on the apple support page. Basically you just go into the iTunes file and erase the iTunes library and previous library files. I then opened iTunes (the library should be blank) and dragged the iTunes music file into iTunes to create a new library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.