Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While rumors have focused on iPod Nano and iPod Touch updates as early as September 9th, the fate of the MacBook Pros and other updates have been less clear.

It appears, however, that Apple could be prepping for a wide range of product updates, with signals to at least some resellers to halt resupplies of Mac minis, MacBook Pros, iPods and even Cinema Displays.

Unfortunately, reseller signals can be misleading and could simply represent temporary supply shortages. Best Buy, for example, had shortages of MacBooks towards the end of July.

Our buyer's guide does show that many of Apple's products are due for revision.

Article Link

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
Go to bed Arn. ;)

Seriously, though, this is looking great. The resellers do seem to run out of Apple products near new releases.

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
It's cool....

Time to see what really sleek improvements made to the Macbook Pro and my intel mac mini is doing noble work but wants a sibling. :cool:

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
ooh, Arn... you forgot the "are" in the last sentence. Bad grammar is BAD:p

Seriously I can't wait till the 9th (crap I'll be in school again).

Don

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
ooh, Arn... you forgot the "are" in the last sentence. Bad grammar is BAD:p

It's 4AM for him in the east coast (1 AM here). He's got to be falling asleep at the keyboard. :p

EDIT: Make that east coast, not west coast. Maybe I need to go to bed as well. :p

naco

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2006
LA area
I can't say how I know, I can't say who I know (so don't ask) but what I can say is that there is going to be a TON of updates whenever this is announced. Like, people needing to be sent to Apple HQ for this stuff kind of thing. That is all.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
I can't say how I know, I can't say who I know (so don't ask) but what I can say is that there is going to be a TON of updates whenever this is announced. Like, people needing to be sent to Apple HQ for this stuff kind of thing. That is all.

Yeah, it has been a long time since so many products were due for an update all at once. Just look at the buyer's guide. Almost every product is due for a revision soon.

iRebecca27

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
Finally! the macbook design hasn't changed since I got mine in May 2006.
The plastic gets dirty, and I have had the casing replaced because the wrist rest cracks at the edges. I would like to see aluminum and black keys a la MacBook Air

akira2501

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2008
updates

hence the rush of 10.5.5 updates. Hope its a 32 gig iphone and a 64 gig touch as well.

zack123

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2006

It appears, however, that Apple could be prepping for a wide range of product updates, with signals to at least some resellers to halt resupplies of Mac minis, MacBook Pros, iPods and even Cinema Displays.

Article Link

New Cinema Displays, nice. Well that would be in line with the Blu-Ray rumors (stupid HDCP).

Pikemann Urge

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2007
melbourne.au
I don't think that the laptops need any redesign. Not that I own one but still, why change for the sake of it?

A good GPU for the MacBooks would be much needed IMO.

I, along with others (who are possibly deluded as well), think that Apple has a high-end image manipulation app in the skunkworks. Maybe they'll never use it. But if they have one (and I'm dead certain they do) they may launch it as a supplementary tool to Aperture.

Maybe there will be hardware accelerated H.264 compression, too.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Mac Mini is in short supply?!?! Holy cow! This is it! We're gonna find out if the mini gets the axe or is upgraded to a not laughably behind the times product!

Pikemann Urge

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2007
melbourne.au

Oirectine

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2003
Maryland
I, along with others (who are possibly deluded as well), think that Apple has a high-end image manipulation app in the skunkworks. Maybe they'll never use it. But if they have one (and I'm dead certain they do) they may launch it as a supplementary tool to Aperture.

I'm just curious: do you have any evidence that Apple is developping a high-end image manipulation app, or are you the kind of person who is "dead-certain" about things based on hunches and conjecture? If so, I hope you are never on the jury if I am accused of a crime. :D

Edit: Not that it's a terribly bad thing; everyone is deluded in one way or another and this seems like one of the less harmful opinions to hold.

naco

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2006
LA area
Oh yeah? :p Take a look at my prediction for Mac on Intel:
http://groups.google.com.au/group/a...lnk=gst&q=intel+mac+power+pc#4c19cd49effc89d7

You'll have to find the posts with my name on them.

Check... and mate. ;) Everybody is a prophet at least once in their lives.

True, but this is no prophecy kind sir. That one I mentioned was "me thinking like SJ". Since then I have moved on to better things. Like THIS ONE is me "knowing". Thinking and knowing are two very different things ;););););) (Do I need to wink anymore to get my point across? My eye is getting tired :p)

Pikemann Urge

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2007
melbourne.au
I'm just curious: do you have any evidence that Apple is developping a high-end image manipulation app,
No. But if I were running Apple I'd make damned f****** sure there was one. I wouldn't want to subject myself to the whims of Adobe. I am dead certain purely in the subjective sense. And I have served on a jury once. Very interesting. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.