Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobMtl007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Greetings Everyone:

Here is my list of features I would want to see on the New Ipod Touch:

1) Wimax
2) GPS
3) Speaker
4) 3 megapixel camera
5) Mini laser Projector(this feature would blow the competition away)
6) Microphone
7) Bluetooth
8) Wireless threading to Pocketable Hard Drive(where did this come from)
9) FM radio
10) Ability to change color by the user emotions(I had to add this one)

Lets hear your Wishlist
Hey maybe there is enough time for Apple to add these features.

Regards Robert:D

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Here is my list of features I would want to see on the New Ipod Touch:

1) Wimax
2) GPS
3) Speaker
4) 3 megapixel camera
5) Mini laser Projector(this feature would blow the competition away)
6) Microphone
7) Bluetooth
8) Wireless threading to Pocketable Hard Drive(where did this come from)
9) FM radio
10) Ability to change color by the user emotions(I had to add this one)

1. Dumb, and why?!
2. Won't happen to distinguish from iPhone.
3. Won't happen to distinguish from iPhone.
4. Won't happen to distinguish from iPhone.
5. Ha.
6. Maybe.
7. Won't happen to distinguish from iPhone? (earbuds, maybe?)
8. Where DID that come from...
9. Meh, okay.
10. Right...

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
1. Nope
2. Get an iPhone
3. Get an iPhone
4. it's not even in the iPhone, plus you would have to make it thicker (yuck) If you want to take pictures cameras on small devices like this are ridiculous. Get a compact or DSLR.
5. :rolleyes: what, are you five?
6. get an iPhone
7. get an iPhone
8. nope, get a flash drive.
9. in an iPod :rolleyes:
10. ahhh you are five

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
MORE

....FOR LESS.

I wish it had a speaker/mic/camera, and they don't need to distinguish the touch from the iPhone because the iPhone has a feature that can't be beat. The iPhone will ALWAYS have that above and beyond an iPod with wifi.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
MORE

....FOR LESS.

I wish it had a speaker/mic/camera, and they don't need to distinguish the touch from the iPhone because the iPhone has a feature that can't be beat. The iPhone will ALWAYS have that above and beyond an iPod with wifi.

not so, you could jailbreak it to work like a phone if they added that hardware. If you want those things then.....

GET AN IPHONE!

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
How come people don't seem to understand that not everyone wants a $2000+, two-year cell phone contract?

If you don't want to pay then you can't get the features you want. How come people don't seem to understand that if you don't want to pay for a $2,000+, two-year cell phone contract then you can't get those features. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to see you're using your head and thinking halfway inteligently. Oh... wait... ;)

tonyshucraft

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
wll then shouldn't they add features that the iphone doesn't have or at least make it competitive?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
wll then shouldn't they add features that the iphone doesn't have or at least make it competitive?

oh I'm sorry I didn't realize that there were other media players that run OSX and have a huge amount of 3rd party apps backing it up, with a multitouch screen and a beautiful interface. I had no idea that the iPod touch wasn't competitive enough in that segment. Not that it matters.... the market it's in is called the iPod market, it hasn't been called the MP3 player market since before the first iPod was introduced.

iGuardian

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2008
How come people don't seem to understand that not everyone wants a $2000+, two-year cell phone contract?

I got my 8GB (3G) iPhone with Rogers Communications for $280, and got to keep my existing contract. I did have to renew the contract, but I like it, so I'm fine. I'm not too sure what the policy by AT&T in the states, or O2 in the UK is, but something you should keep in mind is that Canada has some of the most ruthless phone companies (actually, there's only three companies), so if I can do this here, you should be able to as well ;)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If you don't want to pay then you can't get the features you want. How come people don't seem to understand that if you don't want to pay for a $2,000+, two-year cell phone contract then you can't get those features.

Well, if you think those extra features like mike, speaker, GPS, etc are worth $2000, well who am I to argue with you? :D

I got my 8GB (3G) iPhone with Rogers Communications for $280, and got to keep my existing contract. I did have to renew the contract, but I like it, so I'm fine. I'm not too sure what the policy by AT&T in the states, or O2 in the UK is, but something you should keep in mind is that Canada has some of the most ruthless phone companies (actually, there's only three companies), so if I can do this here, you should be able to as well ;)

I confess, I've never had a cell phone, so I have no idea if what you did with Rogers is possible with AT&T or not. I just know that I'm not getting myself a cell phone contract just so I can have the extra "iPhone only for now" features.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR

well... you can't so....

tonyshucraft

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
oh I'm sorry I didn't realize that there were other media players that run OSX and have a huge amount of 3rd party apps backing it up, with a multitouch screen and a beautiful interface. I had no idea that the iPod touch wasn't competitive enough in that segment. Not that it matters.... the market it's in is called the iPod market, it hasn't been called the MP3 player market since before the first iPod was introduced.

no I mean as to the iphone. Add something that would be more attractive to those who don't need or want a phone but want the package that this brings.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
not so, you could jailbreak it to work like a phone if they added that hardware. If you want those things then.....

GET AN IPHONE!

Insane...

Think for one minute.
You'll get the idea that an iPod Touch is never an iPhone.
Large letters don't convince me differently.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Insane...

Think for one minute.
You'll get the idea that an iPod Touch is never an iPhone.
Large letters don't convince me differently.

If they added the features that you wanted it would have no hardware differences from the iPhone, other than the cellular chip. Thus you could just jailbreak it, install that Voice Over IP application and then you have an iPhone. I'm not going to dumb it down any further for you. If you want the iPhone features Apple has a nice product for you and no it isn't the next iPod touch.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
It's already dumb enough.

You can't even BEGIN to compare WiFi access to cellular. Not because of quality, because of accessibility.

oh you're right. If I'm wrong on this then of course Apple will realize how wrong it would be to leave this feature out. I'm sure it will be in the next version of the iPod touch. Then again if it's not then I'm right... and well we know what that makes you.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
oh you're right. If I'm wrong on this then of course Apple will realize how wrong it would be to leave this feature out. I'm sure it will be in the next version of the iPod touch. Then again if it's not then I'm right... and well we know what that makes you.

I thought we were discussing what features we *wished* the next Touch would have, not having a contest over who is more right or wrong at predicting the new Touch's features.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I thought we were discussing what features we *wished* the next Touch would have, not having a contest over who is more right or wrong at predicting the new Touch's features.

and I'm here to point out the flaws in what you wish for. If they argue back saying it's completely reasonable then I will respond to why they are wrong. dead wrong in this case. ;)

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
There is no such thing as a flaw in a wish. No need to point out something that doesn't exist. Seems more like an effort to bully/belittle the OP. Grow up.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
As I have said time and time again, the iPhone and Touch are two completely different products that do not at all compete with each other. One has a $2000+ contract. The other does not. If people want a phone, they will not take a second look at the Touch, and vice versa. Apple and AT&T have made it virtually impossible (without tremendous fees) to obtain an iPhone out of contract, to use as a Touch. As such, the only alternative is to have a Touch that can do the things an iPhone can.

To add to the already good list:
-Volume buttons. It would be so nice to change the volume without having to pull the Touch out of your pocket.
-Included AC adaptor. The instant they stopped including these a while back is so annoying. My computer is not always awake, nor is it on 24/7 to charge my iPod. Why, Apple, did you move the AC adaptor wall charger from the package included with iPods? I should not have to instantly buy an accessory simply to charge my iPod from the wall.

Also, tuffluffjimmy, your immaturity in this thread suggests someone other than Rob may be five. ;) If you cannot refrain from insulting attacks, ad hominems, and posting useless phrases in big font, perhaps you have a problem.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Also, tuffluffjimmy, your immaturity in this thread suggests someone other than Rob may be five. ;) If you cannot refrain from insulting attacks, ad hominems, and posting useless phrases in big font, perhaps you have a problem.

I'm sorry I didn't realize anyone out of elementary school would be impressed by a laser pointer.
As for my big font useless phrase I think it's important for people to get it through their thick skulls that there is already a product out that has the features they want: The iPhone.

I don't see many people asking for a Mac mini with a screen, why must people ask for an iPod with phone features?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.