Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:14 PM   #1
Riot Officer
macrumors newbie

Ipod Touch turns off randomly help

My Ipod Touch keeps turning off randomly when im listening to music or on the internet. The battery is fully charged when i use it to so its not the battery. I just start it up and it turns off like in 5mins. It seems that when i touch the black thing on the back corner of the Ipod it turns off. Do I have to call apple so they can fix it or what.(Its not hacked)
Riot Officer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 03:27 PM   #2
Packersfan27
macrumors 6502

Did it get wet or did you drop/damage it?
Packersfan27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:58 PM   #3
Riot Officer
macrumors newbie

not that I know of.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:41 AM   #4
Packersfan27
macrumors 6502

Id get it looked at then.
Packersfan27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:43 AM   #5
chainprayer
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to chainprayer
Did you try doing a full restore?

Will it shut down if it is connected to your mac?
Old Aug 28, 2008, 01:41 AM   #6
Riot Officer
macrumors newbie

Ive done full restore atleast 3 times
Old Aug 31, 2008, 04:48 AM   #7
Riot Officer
macrumors newbie

now when i try to start up my iPod Touch there's only a black bar that shows up at the top then it disappears. Is there anyway i can get it fixed?
Old Dec 27, 2009, 02:49 PM   #8
djjoja
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Officer View Post
My Ipod Touch keeps turning off randomly when im listening to music or on the internet. The battery is fully charged when i use it to so its not the battery. I just start it up and it turns off like in 5mins. It seems that when i touch the black thing on the back corner of the Ipod it turns off. Do I have to call apple so they can fix it or what.(Its not hacked)
ive got the same problem and not got it fixed yet

have you done anything to fix it?
djjoja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:57 PM   #9
camaro3de
macrumors newbie

ipod touch 3g keeps shutting off

Hi I am not happy. I got my Ipod for xmas and everything was good. till two weeks ago when it started just shutting of with little lines as if a glitch. if i tried to search it would go off. so i reset, restored, etc and no luck. i never upgraded nor jailbreak. I wonder if it has something to do with an app cause battery is good and plenty of memory. I took it to apple they could not fix it so they replaced it. Then i tried to use backup and i have no saved games and its doing the same thing the last one did. even worse it wont even come on. What is going on? Could it be a bug from computer or app? maybe i shouldnt off restored apps from old one cause thats where the error may be.

Please help me!
My email chevy3de@yahoo.com

Sincerely,

Shannon
camaro3de is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 01:41 AM   #10
metalhead777
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro3de View Post
Hi I am not happy. I got my Ipod for xmas and everything was good. till two weeks ago when it started just shutting of with little lines as if a glitch. if i tried to search it would go off. so i reset, restored, etc and no luck. i never upgraded nor jailbreak. I wonder if it has something to do with an app cause battery is good and plenty of memory. I took it to apple they could not fix it so they replaced it. Then i tried to use backup and i have no saved games and its doing the same thing the last one did. even worse it wont even come on. What is going on? Could it be a bug from computer or app? maybe i shouldnt off restored apps from old one cause thats where the error may be.

Please help me!
My email chevy3de@yahoo.com

Sincerely,

Shannon
Do not use the backup, especially since that was on your iPod that had the error. I would suggest wiping it clean and starting off with everything anew, sadly. Glad I could be of some help.
metalhead777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 02:26 AM   #11
Nery
macrumors newbie

Did you ever figure it out? I have a 4 gen itouch and it hasn't been dropped nor hacked or damaged at all that I know of, but it turns off sometimes on its own, and also with a specific screen shot I try and crop. HELP please!!!!
Nery is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2013, 01:03 PM   #12
djjoja
macrumors member

nope..but im sure its a hardware issue.
djjoja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 02:26 AM   #13
lovelyme!!13
macrumors newbie

This is also happening to my Ipod it only works when its charging but if i disconnect it, it will automatically turn off and not turn on until i connect it
lovelyme!!13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch