Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Aug 26, 2008, 10:00 PM   #1
mojoxp
macrumors member

OSX Machines on AD Domain, Authenticate to Kerberos Realm

First, some history... we've got an AD domain where our computers are stored, and a Kerberos Realm Trust setup on the domain to a realm where our users are stored. We've got all of our windows machines setup to use the kerberos realm for authentication, and map the kerberos realm to a local user on that machine (its a computer lab environment).

I've recently inherited a bunch of OSX Leopard (10.5.4) machines that have been joined to the Active Directory domain and can login using credentials from that Active Directory domain. I'm trying to set it up so that I can use the AD trust to authenticate users from the kerberos realm on the OSX machines, without updating the keytab on each Mac, but I'm having no luck finding any solution. The long string of AD plug-in issues with Leopard isn't helping my cause or faith in this proposition.

Anyone have any advice on where to look here?
mojoxp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking