Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:24 AM   #1
dazzap
macrumors newbie

Unhappy itunes stuck in restore loop after jailbreak

I recently upgraded to 2.0.2 then used the 2.0.3 jailbreak on my iphone 2g.

all seemed to go well and I got cydia to install a few apps etc.

but I noticed all my music was missing, so I plugged back into itunes (on mac) and it back at the "an iphone has previously been synced with this computer" page allowing me to restore my backup or create a new phone.

If I select restore it goes away for a bit, reports no errors but ends up at the same place.

All my email settings and contacts were manually entered rather than synced off the mac (shared)

Any idea?
dazzap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:43 PM   #2
casperghst42
macrumors newbie

Same here, I got around it by removing ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup (renamed it).

Casper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzap View Post
I recently upgraded to 2.0.2 then used the 2.0.3 jailbreak on my iphone 2g.

all seemed to go well and I got cydia to install a few apps etc.

but I noticed all my music was missing, so I plugged back into itunes (on mac) and it back at the "an iphone has previously been synced with this computer" page allowing me to restore my backup or create a new phone.

If I select restore it goes away for a bit, reports no errors but ends up at the same place.

All my email settings and contacts were manually entered rather than synced off the mac (shared)

Any idea?
casperghst42 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:40 PM   #3
TheConfuzed1
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to TheConfuzed1
My phone got stuck too.

I ran Pwnage tool again, and when I got to the same screen you're referring to, I told it to restore from my back-up, but as soon as the screen changed, I unplugged the phone.

Rebooted the phone, plugged back into iTunes, and it began to sync as normal.
GameCenter: theconfuzed1
TheConfuzed1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 02:18 AM   #4
clancemasterj
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to clancemasterj
For those with jailbroken iPhones and SSH installed, there is a fix "or workaround" for the infinite apple logo loop. This method disables watchdog and allows the springboard to load. Once it's reloaded, you have to enable watchdog because "as well as monitoring Springboard and killing/restarting it, the watchdog also has to periodically reset the HARDWARE watchdog, if this doesn't happen the device will spontaneously reboot. The hardware watchdog is 10 and a bit minutes, so without the watchdog installed and working your device will reboot itself every 10 minutes."

a more thorough explanation is on the link:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49782

terminal commands to send to the device via ssh:

Disable watchdog:
mv /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/mobilewatchdog.bundle/ /
reboot

enable watchdog:
mv /mobilewatchdog.bundle /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/
reboot

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks