Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apurintun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
I inadvertently moved/deleted my iTunes "library" files and when I got things sort of back to normal, I had lost all my album/artisit info. My files are WAV format. (I have read elsewhere that this is the root of the problem - i SHOULD HAVE saved my files as ALAC and/or made backups of my library files and playlists -- BUT didn't; live and learn.) All my files are *now* saved in a "Unknown Artist/Unknown Album" sub-folder in my iTunes Music folder; they *used to be* saved in artist folders and album sub-folders. I have experimented with adding album/artist info in iTunes, but this doesn't seem to change the file/folder structure of my iTune Music files/folders on my HD (it's a remote, NAS drive, for what that's worth). Is there any way to retrieve this album/artist info (or even re-enter it such that it "takes" at the iTunes folder/sub-folder level), short of re-ripping all my (many, many) CDs?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.