Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Aug 28, 2008, 04:41 AM   #1
rajneesh.deora
macrumors newbie

how to display calendar in iphone emulator

hi all ,

i am new to iphone development so plz do assist me ,i needs to display a calendar similar to ICalc in my application's emulator i didn't find any such help all over the internet plz do help me its very urgent .
I have attached a screen shot for the same .Plz have a look on it
If you peoples can provide me code for the same the same i will be very thankful to you .

Any Help will be appreciable.

thanks in advance

Last edited by rajneesh.deora; Aug 28, 2008 at 05:11 AM.
rajneesh.deora is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 04:44 AM   #2
robbieduncan

You want us to provide you code to display that? This is a joke right? You seriously expect us to sit and do your job for you?
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 05:04 AM   #3
rajneesh.deora
macrumors newbie

how to display calendar in iphone emulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieduncan View Post
You want us to provide you code to display that? This is a joke right? You seriously expect us to sit and do your job for you?
Nothing like that .You r getting me wrong.I just want how to display that calender as in Screenshot attached coz i haven't found any control for that and i don't know how to add this one.Act. there is UIDatePicker control but it doesn't fulfill our needs.

If you know how to integrate it then plzz help me.

Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2008, 05:10 AM   #4
robbieduncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneesh.deora View Post
Nothing like that .You r getting me wrong.I just want how to display that calender as in Screenshot attached coz i haven't found any control for that and i don't know how to add this one.Act. there is UIDatePicker control but it doesn't fulfill our needs.

If you know how to integrate it then plzz help me.

Thanks
There isn't a control like that: if you want one you have to write one yourself. Where is the screenshot from? I assumed it was a conceptual mockup for an app you are meant to be writing. Are you are posting screenshots of other peoples apps and asking us how to copy them?
Old Aug 28, 2008, 05:15 AM   #5
rajneesh.deora
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieduncan View Post
There isn't a control like that: if you want one you have to write one yourself. Where is the screenshot from? I assumed it was a conceptual mockup for an app you are meant to be writing. Are you are posting screenshots of other peoples apps and asking us how to copy them?
I have tried a lot but I am unable to integrate it.So Plzz give me any idea abt the same.

Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2008, 05:17 AM   #6
rajneesh.deora
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I have tried a lot but I am unable to integrate it.So Plzz give me any idea abt the same.

Thanks
here is the Screen Shot
Old Aug 28, 2008, 05:21 AM   #7
robbieduncan

Quote:

Thanks
Integrate what? Integrate: "To make into a whole by bringing all parts together".

So what are you integrating? There is not part that is that calendar control. This is not a simple thing: you can't just drag that into your view. You have to write a lot of code. I suggest, once again, that you work out how to break this control down into simple parts, decide on how each part will be represented and constructed and work from there towards a solution. No-one is going to take the considerable time to write this for you.

I also have my suspicions that you are being paid to develop this. If you are (or are intending selling this once complete) I suggest that you are up-front with people...
Old Aug 28, 2008, 05:36 AM   #8
sujithkrishnan
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Yahoo to sujithkrishnan
Quote:
here is the Screen Shot
Hi..

If u want a date selection controller Why u r not making use of DatePicker ????

Or if u want exactly like iCal ...u wanna make ur own view....
sujithkrishnan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 05:54 AM   #9
Luke Redpath
macrumors 6502a

As people have said, the iCal calendar interface is a custom view that Apple do not provide as part of the SDK, so you'll have to roll your own.
Luke Redpath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 06:36 AM   #10
rajneesh.deora
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithkrishnan View Post
Hi..

If u want a date selection controller Why u r not making use of DatePicker ????

Or if u want exactly like iCal ...u wanna make ur own view....
plzz let me suggest how can we start it...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming