Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jan 13, 2004, 10:11 PM   #1
crossed-over
macrumors member

sound card test

Does anybody know of some software that tests your sound card? I tried Apple Hardware test, but it doesn't appear to test the sound card.
crossed-over is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2004, 10:02 AM   #2
crossed-over
macrumors member

Anybody?
crossed-over is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2004, 11:55 AM   #3
Dreadnought
macrumors 68000

In your systemprefs, in the audio, you can check them yourself, this is however very limited! I always suggest that you get a song on a cd that you are very familiar with and list to it on a system very critically! Yopu can use iTunes for that with the EQ's and mess a bit with that. If something is wrong with your sound(card) you'll probably notice it! The ear is a much better control system for sound then a software program!

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers