Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulFXH

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
I've used various Linux OSes for a long time but I'm still a Mac newbie.
One app I really like in Linux is the drop-down terminal Yakuake and I was glad to discover that Visor does basically the same thing in OS X.
So, I installed Visor and included terminal.app in my login items as instructed.
However, on booting to Leopard, the first indication of the presence of Visor is this error message:
SIMBL Error
Failed to load the Visor plugin.
-[QCComposition _initWithBacking:]: Inconsistent state
But, after I OK this error, Visor becomes totally available via the hotkey without any problems.
Does anybody know the significance, if any, of the error message?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
How did you install it? do you have any other SIMBL extensions running? Are you actually experiencing an error or did you just read that error in the console?

PaulFXH

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
How did you install it? do you have any other SIMBL extensions running? Are you actually experiencing an error or did you just read that error in the console?

Hi, thanks for the reply.
Answers to yr questions:

1. Installed as in the link I gave
2. No
3. The error pops up on the desktop just after boot (terminal.app autostarts) -- not in the terminal

PaulFXH

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
I resolved this by unchecking the Use Quartz Animation box in Visor preferences. Learnt about this here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.