Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Aug 28, 2008, 08:39 PM   #1
salx97
macrumors newbie

Two MacBooks and One Printer?

So me and my roommate are sharing a printer so Im trying to figure out how to make it easier to print things. It is hooked up via usb to her macbook and we are both connected to a network via ethernet. I want to print whatever from my computer to her printer but only have it available to only her and myself and not others connected on our network. How would I do this?
salx97 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 08:47 PM   #2
richard.mac
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to richard.mac
sharing a printer between two Macs is very easy just enable Printer Sharing in Sharing preferences on her Mac.
richard.mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 02:01 PM   #3
salx97
macrumors newbie

Well, we need it to be password protected so no one else on our network can print off of it.
salx97 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking