Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Jan 14, 2004, 12:41 AM   #1
isus
macrumors regular

hi guys :)

it's always been 'proper' to introduce yourself at the other forums i visit, so...

hi.

i go to neowin.net and zeropaid.com... used to go to macbanter.com, but it seems like the whole thing just died... my username is "isus" and all of them if you ever need to find me.

i use a pc right now.

yea, i hear you booing and hissing.

don't worry though, i'm getting a g5 powerbook soon enough
isus is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2004, 01:36 AM   #2
Nermal

Welcome!

Don't be ashamed for using a PC, a lot of the people here did at one stage or another. In fact, if it wasn't for me signing up on this forum and asking questions before buying, I'd probably still be on a PC now
Nermal is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2004, 01:53 AM   #3
maradong
macrumors 65816

hey, i suppose your pc is running linux and not that propritarian os, right ;-)

Just kidding. Welcome to the light of the board

and btw, i hope that you ll soon be able to buy a g5 powerbook. Would be interesting for most of us i guess.
maradong is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2004, 07:38 AM   #4
isus
macrumors regular

i use windows most of the time, but i use fedora some too.

i'll make it up to you when i get my pbook... i've decided to try to stay away from major software purchases, ie no ms office or any other crud (unless it's like the $100 garage band pack, that's ok with me )
isus is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2004, 11:27 AM   #5
etoiles
macrumors 6502a

Re: hi guys :)

Quote:
Originally posted by isus

don't worry though, i'm getting a g5 powerbook soon enough
It is the intention that counts
etoiles is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2004, 11:28 AM   #6
Mantat
macrumors 6502a

Welcome here,

and why a PB G5 ? It will never be as good as a G5 as a desktop and you never need that much power to do most of the stuff you usualy do with laptop...

Its a common misconception that you need fast computer. Unless you are a pro user, any G4 would do great...

I visited your website a bit. I like the 'goal' section, I should do the same! I am a bit surprised that none of these are on the list:
- getting a house
- having kids
- having diner with a movie star...

As for the stock market, I can give you a hint. Its not scientific but its how I make money out of it, and I made a lot of money so I guess it hold some truth...

I dont feel like giving all the theorical explanation but do some googling on 'dogs of the dow'. Especialy the small dog. Its a very simple, mecanical method that beat the market most of the time on the long run.

Its the only thing you need to know about the stock market until you have enough money for retirement.

To that, I would also add: never follow the hype, do the opposite of the majority and finaly, never fall in love with a company so much that it blinds your judgement.

Thats it! you are ready to invest! (But wait a few months, its not the best time right now IMHO).

Have fun here!
Mantat is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2004, 11:39 AM   #7
scem0
macrumors 604

Welcome Isis .

MacRumors is a rapidly growing community, it is nice to see that we have diverse crowd of mac users and PC users.

Personally, I use both. I have a pentium 4 2.4 and a G4 17" iMac 1Ghz. PC for gaming and for p2p, mac for everything else .

Mantat - you are absolutely correct about needing a fast computer being a common misconception. But I know that I, and many others, wan't a fast computer because it saves just a second here and there. When you are on the computer as much as I am, those seconds add up . But you are correct that people tend to have an obsession with speed when it comes to computers now-days.

scem0
scem0 is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2004, 12:18 PM   #8
g30ffr3y
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to g30ffr3y
welcome to macrumors... this is a great group of very knowlegable mac users... and dont worry about the peecee... i have one... i just havent turned it on in nine months... : )

i also agree that the aluminum g4 powerbooks are awesome and the wait for the g5 to make it into a laptop is not worth the time spent waiting while you could already be on a mac...

you know what they say about "once you go mac"... your in a cult... hehehe...

01.29.04 begin
01.29.07 engage
05.17.08 forever
g30ffr3y is offline   0
Old Jan 14, 2004, 12:38 PM   #9
rueyeet
macrumors 65816

Joining a Mac-oriented forum is a pretty good way to test the waters of the community before you switch, and there's a bunch of posters here still on PCs....And you're not alone in hoping for the G5 PowerBook!

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCS/O d+(---) s+:+>+: !a C+$ U P L+(-) E--
W++ N- o? K- w(---) O? M+ V PS++ PE Y+ PGP-
t(--) 5++ X- R+ tv- b+ DI++ D G e++ h-- r x+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
rueyeet is offline   0
Old Jan 15, 2004, 04:45 PM   #10
isus
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally posted by scem0
Isis
it's a u, not an i :-P isUs

thanks for the warm welcome

mantat:
the reason for wanting the g5... is to keep it as close to non-obsoleteness as possible... it's for college, and i don't know that i will be able to upgrade when everybody finally gets around to updating their apps to 64-bit.

the less money i spend for college, the more money i have to spend on my dream car:
a bmw m3

with of course some performance enhancing mods like twin turbos, nos, window tint, nice rims, pearlescent black paint job, nice exhaust, etc etc etc.
isus is offline   0
Old Jan 15, 2004, 05:05 PM   #11
krimson
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to krimson
welcome, and good luck trying to shoehorn a TT system into that engine bay

Join MacRumors.com - Team Folding, and be a part of the Mac Folding team!
krimson is offline   0
Old Jan 15, 2004, 05:11 PM   #12
wdlove
macrumors 604

Welcome to MacRumors isus. You have a nice website, enjoyed your pictures. It is nice to have another female on the forum. I happen to be one of the guys. Like the others, it's nice to have diverse opinions.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 07:34 PM   #13
isus
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally posted by wdlove
Welcome to MacRumors isus. You have a nice website, enjoyed your pictures. It is nice to have another female on the forum. I happen to be one of the guys. Like the others, it's nice to have diverse opinions.
why is it that people recently think i am female

i'm a guy

the pictures of the girls on my site, those are of a friend and her friends... thats not me though.
isus is offline   0
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:01 PM   #14
scem0
macrumors 604

The site is nice, I like the Bill Gates portion.

Sorry about the name mistake, I can relate to it, I get scemo and scemO a lot, when it is a zero.

scem0
scem0 is offline   0
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:19 PM   #15
isus
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally posted by scem0
The site is nice, I like the Bill Gates portion.

Sorry about the name mistake, I can relate to it, I get scemo and scemO a lot, when it is a zero.

scem0
lol

i missed one comment:
krimson > welcome, and good luck trying to shoehorn a TT system into that engine bay

yea, it will take some definite work considering that bmw already had to tilt the inline 6 a few degrees so that it would fit. i have never actually seen under the hood of one, so i can't tell if there is any room to the sides i might be able to take advantage of...
isus is offline   0
Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:54 PM   #16
wdlove
macrumors 604

Quote:
why is it that people recently think i am female

i'm a guy

the pictures of the girls on my site, those are of a friend and her friends... thats not me though.
I'm also confused! Just rechecked your website. At the link: My senior pic. Somehow it looks better in person than on here. The picture is definitely of a nice looking young lady. Also Me and my buddy, buddy usually means male.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 01:28 AM   #17
isus
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally posted by wdlove
I'm also confused! Just rechecked your website. At the link: My senior pic. Somehow it looks better in person than on here. The picture is definitely of a nice looking young lady. Also Me and my buddy, buddy usually means male.
that's a friend of mine, not me...
"my people">"my friends">"people who are not me, but i am willing to host pictures for"
isus is offline   0
Old Jan 16, 2004, 05:12 AM   #18
airmac
macrumors regular

welcome aboard isus..)
airmac is offline   0
Old Jan 16, 2004, 03:57 PM   #19
wdlove
macrumors 604

Quote:
that's a friend of mine, not me...
"my people">"my friends">"people who are not me, but i am willing to host pictures for"
I'm sorry isus, didn't mean to hurt your feelings if I did. She is very nice looking by the way. Are you close? Where is your actual picture?

It is very hard online to determine gender. The Avatar can even make it more difficult. One big example that I have made a mistake with is shadowfax. There are some that think I might be female.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 04:24 PM   #20
krimson
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to krimson
Quote:
lol

i missed one comment:
krimson > welcome, and good luck trying to shoehorn a TT system into that engine bay

yea, it will take some definite work considering that bmw already had to tilt the inline 6 a few degrees so that it would fit. i have never actually seen under the hood of one, so i can't tell if there is any room to the sides i might be able to take advantage of...
I wont hijack this into a car thread, but if i remember right, there isn't much room for a twin system in the 2004 engine bay, you'll probably have to shuffle parts around to fit the exhaust manifold, and im positive you'll need to do major surgery to run the IC pipes, and iirc, you'll be limited to about 3/4th" lowering because your downpipe wont clear, unless you use something less than 2" for piping. Im sure it can be done, anything can really, just how much you plan on spending i guess.

i think you'll have better luck with the previous (E36 model, i think) model, my friend has a 99 and had a custom single turbo put in, and it's a pretty tight squeeze... all in all im pretty sure he spend over $25k in modifications.

just remember, map out everything you plan on doing five times before you even consider starting.

but check this baby out... http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...862_5_full.jpg

Join MacRumors.com - Team Folding, and be a part of the Mac Folding team!
krimson is offline   0
Old Jan 16, 2004, 04:31 PM   #21
virividox
macrumors 68040

Location: Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbara - Boston (ugh hate not knowing where to call home)
welcome welcome
Old Jan 16, 2004, 11:55 PM   #22
isus
macrumors regular

that is one hell of a nice m3... i don't know what i'm going to do though... one of my buddies is good with cars and all that good stuff, so hopefully he'll be able to help me out... maybe if he's nt around at the time, you can help me

wdlove: didn't hurt my feelings, just that it happened 2x in 2 days, so i was wondering what was going on :-P the girl in the pics is my friend... i don't have a picture of myself online.
isus is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community