Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

me2hotty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Hey i just bought a new macbook 2.4 ghz and i've been trying to connect to a wireless network through the airpoort. It's protected by a WPA2 and the password i'm entering is right, but i still get an invalid password!
What's the problem ?
I've tried changing the authorization from WPA1 to WPA2 and even WEP ! It's not getting me anywhere. What do I do ?

caner

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2011
sam issu after years

Hey i just bought a new macbook 2.4 ghz and i've been trying to connect to a wireless network through the airpoort. It's protected by a WPA2 and the password i'm entering is right, but i still get an invalid password!
What's the problem ?
I've tried changing the authorization from WPA1 to WPA2 and even WEP ! It's not getting me anywhere. What do I do ?

Hi man !

I am writing you from future :p 2011 and still i have the same problem with you.I just bought a macbook pro and still i couldnt connect to wifi, it says invalid password although it is right password.

Please can you tell if you know the solution? i change every type of security wpa,wpa2 wep.... no its not working

Macuser60

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2011
Possible solution to "invalid password" problem on airport

I had this exact same problem. Here is what worked for me:

I deleted all the network profiles in my network settings. Then I did a factory reset on my AirPort Express (google it for instructions), and set up the airport with a new network as if it were brand new. Voila!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.