iPhone 3g SUDDENLY cannot connect to internet through wifi - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 27, 2011, 02:13 AM   #26
CGandR
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilord View Post
I have a 3G phone with software version 4.2.1(8C148)
Modem Firmware 05.15.04
My iphone suddenly stopped connecting to Wifi. All other wifi devices in the house are working good.
Here is what I have done so far:
1. Hard Reset / Reboot
2. Restore
3. Reset Networking settings
Called Apple for help. They asked for $200 to help :-)
Any support from this forum will be appreciated.
Thanks
Desi..
Hi Desi - I have had exactly the same problem over the past few weeks and am using the same 3G software version on my i-phone as you. Everything else in the house still connects to the wi fi except my phone. Did you have any luck sorting this problem out. I'd appreciate your help! Thanks
CGandR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 06:16 PM   #27
vwroad87
macrumors newbie

Same Problem Here

Exact same problem, wifi just stopped working at home and work, no changes made, again no changes made. Sun Spots? EMF strike?

Iphone 3g 4.2.1
vwroad87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:33 AM   #28
ddd910
macrumors newbie

All of a sudden my iPhone 3G stop connecting to wifi so I restore from 3.1.3 to 4.2.1 today still no luck. My iphone 4, ipad 1, ipad 2, and all other wireless devices in my home are working just fine except the iphone 3G.
ddd910 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:29 PM   #29
Zazo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Modem Firmware 05.15.04
My iphone suddenly stopped connecting to Wifi. All other wifi devices in the house are working good.
1. Hard Reset / Reboot
2. Restore
Thanks
Desi..
Hi I am facing the same exact problem with my iphone 4 it was fine and wifi connects right away but five days ago it just stopped showing me any available networks anywhere the only time it does work is at home and i have to be sitting right next to the router can anyone please help i have tried the following:
Reset Network
Reset all setting
restore
I also downloaded the new IOS5 today and restored the phone as new and nothing
i have tried to turn wifi on and off but nothing is working!
There are three other iphone users in the house and all are connecting just fine my phone is about 8 months old and had no problem ever with wifi i have been searching all day and cant seem to get any answers if any of you have any suggestions please dooooooooo share
Zazo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2011, 08:11 PM   #30
momof5inpa
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Help with wifi connection

Hello,
This morning was able to connect to house wifi and router.
Everything else can connect to router.

I did hard reset on phone
along with network reset

I also made sure all software is up to date still having issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Lori
momof5inpa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:20 PM   #31
kironin
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Modem Firmware 05.15.04
1. Hard Reset / Reboot
2. Restore
Thanks
Desi..
I have the same problem. The wifi stopped working in July suddenly. I don't recall that it had any connection to upgrading to iOS 4.1 but maybe.

I just upgraded to iOS 4.2.1 and tried turning on the wi-fi again.
4.2.1(8C148)
Modem Firmware 05.15.04

Initially, it appeared the wi-fi was working, it correctly detected the local networks and I chose mine and logged in. It appeared it was going to work and then all all the networks disappeared as I had seen before and and it just shows the "Choose a Network..." with a spinning circle that doesn't ever stop.

I had tried to go to the Apple Store Genius Bar, but the "genius" couldn't do anything but open it and attempt reseating the wifi component. That had no effect. His only other suggestion was to upgrade. That was before the 4S was announced.

Could go for a "free" 3GS but what is the point as that locks me out for 2 years.

So I'm just waiting till I can afford to upgrade to a 4S. Doesn't seem worth waiting for the 5 for the possibility of a larger screen.

It's going to cost $200 to solve this anyway.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting