Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:03 PM   #1
iPowers
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to iPowers Send a message via AIM to iPowers Send a message via MSN to iPowers Send a message via Yahoo to iPowers Send a message via Skype™ to iPowers
Is there a way to make more video formats work on my ipod?

If so how? I heard that you could use ipod Linux to make it work but that would require me to restore my ipod and i don't want to risk losing the data.

And d oyou know if Apple plans on doing it soon?
iPowers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:20 PM   #2
Sayer
macrumors 6502a

Funny how everyone whined that Apple didn't support "standards" for years and years, and when Apple does go the standards route (MPEG-4, H.263, H.264) everyone whines that there is no support for VidX and Divx-MPEG4-in AVI files formats.

Good grief. Convert the video in iTunes if you want to watch it on your iPod, or get a different device and stop whining! I hear Microsoft sells a PMP, never seen anyone use one tho so it may be hard to find *snicker*.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod