Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:23 PM   #1
munson
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to munson
Custom GUI questions

I was wondering, since Shapeshifter does not work in Leopard, does anyone know if it is possible to alter the GUI for application skins such as iTunes, Safari, etc. and the menu bar.

I've done a few searches, and could not seem to find anything other than people asking whether or not Shapeshifter works in Leopard.

So, could anyone shed some light on to my situation? Any help, pointers, etc. would be much appreciated.

If you do know hoe to do it, I would LOVE to learn how to do this.

One last thing, I already know and use CandyBar, so there's no need to tell me about that. I also used Leopaque for a bit, with no great results.

NOTE: I also posted a similar thread to this before, but that was about custom docks and icons, so please don't yell at me.
munson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 04:47 PM   #2
applefan69
macrumors 6502

hmm... so you mean individually altering each application to look differently? Like for example, you edit the itunes data files to make itunes look different?

Im not entirely sure how easy this is, but im sure its possible because a while back i downloaded a torrent, where some user had edited iTunes to have a darker theme, and it is VERY nice. I have no idea how the torrent uploader did it tho. I would love to have an answer to this topic as well.

I care enough about making my computer look unique to be willing to spend time learning how, and individually editting my applications.

Again idk how easy it will be... im pretty sure you'll need Xcode? Like if you could somehow get itunes into interface builder of Xcode (you'd need the source code files tho i believe) But if someone knew how, you could essentially alter the interface. Gah i dont really know what im saying and i probably sound like a n00b

anyways someone please do their best to help us.
applefan69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:28 PM   #3
EV0LUTION
macrumors 6502

I'd like to know how to do this too

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X