Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:06 PM   #1
mvc2
macrumors newbie

problems connecting a g4 powerbook to an external monitor

I figured out my problems!

Here's where I am now

The screen for my 15" powerbook g4 (aluminum) no longer works but all of the software and drives are in tact. When the laptop is turned on, a white screen comes up.

Using the DVI to VGA connector that came with the laptop, I successfully connected the laptop to an old gateway 2000 PC monitor after pressing option+f7 on the laptop.

And by attaching an external mouse and keyboard I can wake the computer up after I close the lid. It is suggested that at least once in a while you reopen the lid so the laptop can cool through the laptop keyboard.

Last edited by mvc2; Aug 30, 2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: I figured out my problems!
mvc2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs