Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I'm tired of looking at these forums everyday, and half the threads are people asking about what the new iPod Touch will have. I'm sure this annoys many of the regulars on here, as many of the threads seem to be lurkers. WE DONT KNOW what the new iPod Touch is going to be like. There are very few people in the world who do, and they are not going to tell you. When you start a thread asking us, your guess is as good as ours. The only thing we can be pretty much 100% sure of is more memory for less money, because Apple always does that. Anything past that, we have no idea.

If you want to "see" what the new iPod Touch will look like, do a search for the outrageous number of threads here with people speculating. Bottom line is, no one will know for sure until it's released, so please stop asking the same question over and over again.

Rant over. Thank you for listening :)

ChristopheJD

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
I'm annoyed too, and I'm considered a "newbie." And I don't own an iPod myself. It's nice to have an imagination, but when people start demanding information, that's when it gets on my nerves.

But don't kill fun speculation. It's fine as long as people aren't getting mad because others don't know what exactly the new iPod will have.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I don't really have a problem with speculation, I just find it annoying seeing the same exact speculation in 30 different threads.

ChristopheJD

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
True, but personally, if I had a speculation, I'd make my own thread about it and have others comment on it.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
That is true as well, and I have seen several well thought out threads here of people listing features they would like and reasons they might be implemented. That's great and encourages good conversation.

This thread is really referring to what seems like the large number of threads of people just asking "What's the new iPod Touch going to have?" These threads are way too repetitive and are exactly what the moderators discourage. By simply scanning the threads, people will find other threads of conversation on the topic, but instead start their own asking the same question.

localoid

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2007
America's Third World
That is true as well, and I have seen several well thought out threads here of people listing features they would like and reasons they might be implemented. That's great and encourages good conversation.

This thread is really referring to what seems like the large number of threads of people just asking "What's the new iPod Touch going to have?" These threads are way too repetitive and are exactly what the moderators discourage. By simply scanning the threads, people will find other threads of conversation on the topic, but instead start their own asking the same question.

You've certainly raised a valid issue. Few people would try to conduct a meeting in which everyone was allowed to talk all at once, but that's more or less how a public message forum operates. At best, it's organized chaos.

There's not a whole lot you can do about it short of imposing some form of moderation, e.g., ask permission to ask a question. "Moderated lists" have been around on the Net for quite a while, but many are rather dry and boring...

Dunno... If anyone discovers an effective solution it's probably worth patenting. :D

Joe Hill

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2008
All we know for sure is that the shiny scratch-prone back will be replaced by scratch-resistant dragon scales.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
I want an excuse to buy a new Touch. That means there has to be a new one and it will have to be "better" than the current one.

So since there HAS to be a new better one, It will need to be the same size and fit the same cases as the old one.

Do I care how many threads there are about it? Naw. It's not MY web site. :p

tonyshucraft

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
I think I heard that it plays music or something like that. I think that is a decent new feature, if I am right.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
People are asking what the new design is like, pricing, storage, new capabilities and such. It's pretty hilarious due to the fact that absolutely nothing has been announced for a 2nd generation iPod touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.