Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyera3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
I installed OSX10.2 on my Ibook G3 256mg ram 900MHZ chip
The display is about 7" square. How do I increase the size to fill the monitor? There are no options listed in the preferences section just 1 resolution listed. 1024x 768 with millions of colors. Are there any keyboard shortcut to increase the size of display area?:

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
I installed OSX10.2 on my Ibook G3 256mg ram 900MHZ chip
The display is about 7" square. How do I increase the size to fill the monitor? There are no options listed in the preferences section just 1 resolution listed. 1024x 768 with millions of colors. Are there any keyboard shortcut to increase the size of display area?:

That's strange the max(native resolution of the ibooks are 1024x768 and that should fill the entire screen. Reducing it to 640x480 or 800x600 should also fill the screen(which isn't an option anyways in your situation). I think there might be something wrong with your graphics card but it could be something else as well... Try doing a PRAM reset by holding down the Option, :apple:, P and R during a startup and wait for it to reboot. See if that helps?

eyera3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
reply Ibook display

That's strange the max(native resolution of the ibooks are 1024x768 and that should fill the entire screen. Reducing it to 640x480 or 800x600 should also fill the screen(which isn't an option anyways in your situation). I think there might be something wrong with your graphics card but it could be something else as well... Try doing a PRAM reset by holding down the Option, :apple:, P and R during a startup and wait for it to reboot. See if that helps?

I tried that, no luck. The wierd thing is it works fine under OS9 and worked fine under OSX, before I blew out the hard drive to install a clean copy of OSX.
The splash screen is full sized, but once it hands off to OSX it shrinks!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.