Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dublo7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Perth, Australia.
I just phoned up JB Hifi (a store in Australia), as I was planning to buy an 80gb Classic. They said they no longer have any in stock, but they are getting "new models" in stock, in around a week's time.

The guy didn't know what was different about the new ones.

So, are we getting a new Classic as well? We'll see :)

gust4life

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
i hope so, i was going to buy a new ipod classic as well but decided to wait since i heard new ipods were coming out so might as well wait see whats going to be new on the 6th gen classics before i buy a new ipod. :)

DeeGee48

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Havertown, Pa
New Classic?

Remember, if there is a new classic, it'll be the 7th generation--7G--since the current one superceded the 5 and 5.5G models last year which makes it the 6G. In any case, you'll still be able to get a 6G through Apple re-furb in the online store if it's discontinued or you don't like the new one. I got a 5G that way and it was brand new.

gust4life

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
at longest they fixed the clickwheel sensitivity i would be happy :) yea they prob come out with 6.5g unless they remade it completely then it will be 7g.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.