Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 2, 2008, 04:17 PM   #1
trshah
macrumors newbie

Angry HELP! iTunes keeps Restoring my iPhone

hello everyone, i recently restored my 2G iPhone because it had frozen. it then worked perfectly. but when i docked it to the same computer, iTunes recognized my iPhone as usual but the computer would only allow me to restore the iPhone again. i could not get to the 'general' iPhone screen to sync it. i dont know how to bypass the restore option to get back to syncing my iPhone. has anyone else had this problem, if so, how do you correct it? i appreciate all input!
trshah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 04:19 PM   #2
bluenoise
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by trshah View Post
hello everyone, i recently restored my 2G iPhone because it had frozen. it then worked perfectly. but when i docked it to the same computer, iTunes recognized my iPhone as usual but the computer would only allow me to restore the iPhone again. i could not get to the 'general' iPhone screen to sync it. i dont know how to bypass the restore option to get back to syncing my iPhone. has anyone else had this problem, if so, how do you correct it? i appreciate all input!
I went through this last night. Ultimately, I had to set it up as a new phone, as opposed to restoring from a backup. It wasn't that big a deal, though, as the data was already in my computer. It was just a frustrating hassle.
bluenoise is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 04:30 PM   #3
trshah
macrumors newbie

Smile

thanks! i ll try it tonight.
trshah is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone