Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Sep 3, 2008, 07:23 AM   #1
Mac Me Up
macrumors regular

Springy Bouncy scrolling of UIView

Ok, so I have a UIImageView in a UIView and I want them to be scrollable with my finger. I've made the image view multi touch capable and handled the
Code:
- (void)touchesMoved:(NSSet *)touches withEvent:(UIEvent *)event
method. In this method I simple set the center of my view and image to the location that corresponds to how far it tells me that the users finger has moved. This works fine, and you can move it up and down with no problems.

My question is: how do I make this 'springy' and smooth like Apple's scrolling of tables, where your flick has momentum and the view springs when it hits the end. Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to write all the code that handles this?

At the moment my view moves to exactly where your finger stopped and no more, which feels unnatural on the iPhone.
Mac Me Up is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 07:31 AM   #2
dwm
macrumors newbie

Put your image view in a UIScrollView container/superview?
dwm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 07:48 AM   #3
Mac Me Up
macrumors regular

Sorry to be a N00b, but I've put my view in a UIScrollView and made that view multi touch enabled, then commented out my implementation of the move method. Now it doesn't scroll. I've looked at the documentation for the UIScrollView and it seems like it should just work?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 08:53 AM   #4
Mac Me Up
macrumors regular

Ok after smacking my head into a wall for a while I figured it out. I couldn't get it to work when I created the UIScrollView in Interface Builder, but as soon as I did it manually, hey presto!

Code:
scrollView = [[UIScrollView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(0, 0, 320, 440)]

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming