Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
I keep the first page as it was out the box, then the second page for games, ordered by a combination of how often I play them and how 'cool' they are, then the third page is utilities and things like Last.fm, and remote, VNC which are only useful at home, and other random stuff that wasn't worthy of page 2.

Do you guys have any organisational paradigm you work with?

memesmith

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
I've reorganised everything onto three pages, i've moved all my main apps on to page 2, page 1 has all the apps that get data from the net, and web apps, page 3 has all the apps that dont require a web connection (games, data on the pone etc.)

MTJ

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
I keep the first page as it was out the box, then the second page for games, ordered by a combination of how often I play them and how 'cool' they are, then the third page is utilities and things like Last.fm, and remote, VNC which are only useful at home, and other random stuff that wasn't worthy of page 2.

Do you guys have any organisational paradigm you work with?

I do the same as you but I add the remote to my front page because it's apple made:D!

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
I tend to keep the stuff i find most useful on the front page, games and other stuff on the second and then less used stuff on the last...

Attachments

• web-2.jpg
    web-2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 111
  • web-1.jpg
    web-1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 102
  • web.jpg
    web.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 85

iblastoff

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
i use categories app

wv77v5.jpg

my 6-7 pages of apps are all now condensed into different folders:

-apps
-games
-photo
-system
-internet
-audio

so i just have one page and thats it.

Houls

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2008
Jailbreak

Might be a basic question - but how do you get 5 icons on the dock?

Yeah you have to jailbreak your phone. This is a feature that Saurik has added to Cydia. I love having the 5 in the dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.