Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 4, 2008, 01:41 PM   #1
Terwal
macrumors regular

Using iPhone WITHOUT a computer ???

Hi,

Life sucks... Just got back from vacations without my computer (stollen when the villa we were renting got burglarized)...

Enough about my life, 2 questions if anybody can help:

Question 1:

Is it possible to update the software on my iPhone WITHOUT using a computer (see intro) ?

Question 2:

My girlfriend just got her new iPhone (on O2). The AppStore is set to the US (prices in $ etc...) therefore she can not download any apps since her iTunes account is in the UK... and we no longer have a computer at home... Any ways to change the AppStore location WITHOUT synching the phone ?

Thanks a lot for your help ,

W.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 01:44 PM   #2
iblastoff
Banned

um no you will not be able to update the software (im assuming you mean firmware) without a computer. same with mp3s, video, etc etc. they need to come from somewhere.

yes you can change the country of your itunes account.
iblastoff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 01:49 PM   #3
Terwal
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iblastoff View Post
um no you will not be able to update the software (im assuming you mean firmware) without a computer. same with mp3s, video, etc etc. they need to come from somewhere.

yes you can change the country of your itunes account.
Thanks iblastoff for the input on question 1 (indeed, I meant firmware)...

Regarding question 2: how do you do that ? Thanks...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting