Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 4, 2008, 03:21 PM   #1
dylanbrown
macrumors 6502

Syncing one Library accross multiple computers

Hey guys,

I have a Mac and I have a Windows gaming rig, an I both use them to watch and listen to all my iTunes content. I primarily use my Mac to purchase all my music, TV Shows and Movies etc. but, if I want to watch the stuff on my PC, I have to burn it all to a disk, or transfer it to a hard drive, and transfer it to my PC.

I know I can set up "iTunes Sharing", but I want to have access to my content, even when my mac is turned off which is impossible with iTunes sharing.

I had the thought of transferring all of my library to a NAS (Such as, maybe, a Time Capsule?) and telling the PC and Mac that my Library is stored there. The, hopefully, if I was to purchase a song on the PC, it would be saved to the TC, and then replicated on my Mac.

Now to make this even harder, I sync my iPod with my Mac. If I was to purchase a song/video from the iTunes Store on my PC, would it get transferred to my iPod?

Hopefully you guys can help me.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod