Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 4, 2008, 09:17 PM   #1
redwhisper
macrumors newbie

Smile ibook G4 logic board problem - c-clamp solution?

Hi there
I was just wondering if anyone with a G4 ibook had encountered this common logic board issue, and had used this DIY repair for it as outlined in this link:
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...rd_deaths.html
I was astounded when it worked for my ibook- clamping down the area about an inch below the option key. My ibook was having all the classic logic board issues associated with this problem - most notable freezing randomly and failure to boot.
I had tried everything, and this does seem to be working now. What I would like to know from anyone is how long will this fix work for? I won't move the computer from it's position, and I also understand that turning it on and off worsens the situation (read the link) so was also wondering if just leaving it on all the time may help.
Is anyone using this method? I don't want to use the shim method which is another solution as I don't have the know-how!
would appreciate and feed back !
redwhisper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs