Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:10 PM   #1
Mr. B
macrumors regular

the eternal ibook

So far I have replaced my battery(4+ hours), just replaced my harddrive today (150 gigs), upgraded my ram(1.25 gigs), use a graphics accelerator(+20%), and have had to download a driver to allow for trackpad clicking and scrolling as my clicker no longer works (iscroll2).

I think I love my ibook more now than the day I bought it.

1.2 ghz, runs 10.4 beautifully, and is an all around wonderful machine.

Who else here simply will not let their ibook die out of love, cheapness, or just outright stubbornness?
Mr. B is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2008, 08:17 PM   #2
SphericalPear
macrumors member

i went through five of them - ibooks are known to be crappy if you actually use them, carry them around, and run some heavy-duty apps.

congrats though - you're one of the lucky few it seems!!!
SphericalPear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2008, 08:59 PM   #3
Mr. Bubbles
macrumors member

I tried to convince myself that I loved my ibook and would never let it go until I got a blackbook, then, instantaneously, it became my iWaht is that ugly and slow white paperweight?

But when it's all you've got, it's the best thing in the world I know what you mean, you can trick yourself into not realizing had outdated/crusty something really is if you've had a lot of good times with it!
Mr. Bubbles is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs