Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AngusB

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2002
Washington DC
I was curious about how many people with dual G5's had folding on one processor and SETI on the other...

Also, I was amazed that when I transferred some old credit from 2000 into the SETI team that my old PC could do a SETI in 24 hours. Now, 1 processor of my 2.0 G5 does a SETI in 2hrs 45mins...

man am I glad to be a switcher!!!

AngusB
(Canyon Matt on the Teams!)

Selecter

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2003
West Virginia
Yep, the Dual G5's are great for RC-5 and Seti. A little bit less so for folding I think, even though they are still great for that too.

From everything I read the dual G5 *IS* the computer to have for RC5, far and away blows everything else out. I may have a go at it. Right now I only have my AMD box folding. I cant find one of the componets I am after to start making my farm. Going to another show tomorrow, maybe I will get lucky there.

glad to have you folding and switching too! I use my PC for BF1942 only now, everything else I do is on my 1.8 Dual, and when they come out with the 3 Ghz model Im gonna get one of those too. It's exciting times for Mac users.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
I think that rc5 is the best for any mac... but even with that I don't support it...

Anyway Good luck to any team you put your support in... *execpt if its against us!*

:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.