Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mossimo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
Costa Rica
Can someone explain what bonjour is capable of, does it do it well? is it a memory hog running all the time? Should i download it? Am i missing out on anything ? Thanks :apple:

tkidBOSTON

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2005
The Hub of the Universe
Can someone explain what bonjour is capable of, does it do it well? is it a memory hog running all the time? Should i download it? Am i missing out on anything ? Thanks :apple:

You may want to start here in trying to figure out what it is. It comes preinstalled with OS X so you don't need to download it but only you will know if you have a use for it.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
You only have reason to download Bonjour is you are running Windows. It is a godsend to configure Bonjour-compatible IP-printers. It makes it easier to configure IP-printers that are specifically designed for Bonjour.

tkidBOSTON is correct. Bonjour is a standard part of MacOS X. If you are running MacOS X, then there is nothing left to do but it use it.

mossimo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
Costa Rica
Thanks, Sorry i jumped the gun on posting, should have did a little googling. Sorry for the stupid question and THANKS for taking time to post. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.