Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
ive been watching a lot of movies/shows on my macbook and i really would rather watch it on my lcd tv..im looking for some sort of wireless transmission method for the audio/video so that i could play the movie on my macbook and it'll get streamed to my tv..i know of "internetvue" from addlogix, but their software only works for windows..

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
nope. wireless needs apple tv...or just do what i did and buy an hdmi cable and audio cable. works perfect and we watch movies all the time!

computerwiz222

macrumors broskanovski
Sep 5, 2008
Get the cheaper Apple TV.

Any wireless transmission device (which doesn't exist because of copyright issues and bandwidth limitations) would cost you an arm and a leg.

HDMI transmits uncompressed HD. There is massive bandwidth needed to do this and HDMI was developed to accommodate these needs.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
Some time ago I was in the market for the same device you're looking for now. After a while I gave up my search, though. Mind you, I did find what I was looking for, but the prices were unreasonably high. Not worth buying at all. Can't remember which devices I found back when I was actually looking for them, but there are a few here and here.

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
im confused as to how apple tv works..does it sync movies/videos/music that i have on my itunes on my macbook?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.