Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 7, 2008, 05:53 AM   #1
PaulFXH
macrumors member

Anybody understand how ext2fsx works?

I have a heavily partitioned HD on my MB (C2D) on which I multiboot OS X and several Linux OSes.
All of my Linux partitions are formatted to EXT3 so they are not readily accessed from OS X.
However, I came across ext2fsx which is supposed to allow both EXT2 and EXT3 partitions to be mounted in OS X. So, I installed it and it "sort of" worked in that two of the eight EXT3 on my drive automount on boot and are easily accessible from OS X.
However, little sign of the other six although they do show up in "grayed-out" form in Disk Utility.
I was able to use the command
Code:
mount -t ext2 /dev/disk0s3 /Volumes/linux1
to successfully mount (at least, gave no errors) another of my ext3 partitions (apparently, ext3 partitions MUST be mounted as ext2 in OS X) but was still unable to get into the mounted folder.
Perhaps somebody who has had success with what looks like a very useful tool might care to give me some pointers and advice.
Thanks
Paul
PaulFXH is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store