Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 7, 2008, 08:45 AM   #1
Dragn
macrumors newbie

Best acrylic case for Classic with belt clip?

This entire post could be redundant by Tuesday, but popular opinion seems to say otherwise: the Classic won't be discontinued (at least until flash storage gets up into the 32+ gig range) and the Classic will likely not be redesigned (i.e. case dimensions). Of course, we could all be wrong..

I'm planning to buy my first iPod next week as long as Apple still offers a high capacity clickwheel version (i.e. the iPod "Classic" design). I do NOT want a touch interface on a music player (which is all I plan to use it for). Assuming it still has a plastic screen a full cover is going to be a must for me. No idea why Apple is still using plastic vs optical quality glass like the Zune and others...although that would be a nice Sept 9th upgrade!

I'm not crazy about plastic screen films/protectors - I think I want something with an integrated hard screen protector. So far I really like the Belkin Remix Metal case http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...uct_Id=389358# but I wish it had some sort of belt clip....and it would be really nice if it came with a Universal dock adapter to accommodate the extra width so I don't have to remove it from the case to dock it securely.

I've found a Centrios knock-off that seems somewhat similar and it comes with a belt clip of some kind: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Produ...roduct=1415218

Any other ideas? There seem to be lots and lots of cases out there but none that seem to be ideal. I've scoured reviews on iLounge and elsewhere. Any suggestions?
Dragn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod