Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 7, 2008, 04:08 PM   #1
charo
macrumors newbie

Question net 10 phone card in an apple iphone

I bought a nokia phone from Wal-Marts with a net 10 pay as you go card.In Canada i bought an Apple iphone with a fido card. What I want to know is , can I use my net10 card in the iphone and still get the same services as with fido. Or will I be restricted to net10. I have international on my net10 and that is mainly what I use the phone for, phoning the UK
charo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 05:22 PM   #2
StoneColdSober
macrumors 6502

You would need to unlock your iPhone. If it is an iPhone 3G there is no software unlock. If you do a search you can find hardware unlocks but they are questionable at best it seems.
StoneColdSober is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:26 PM   #3
charo
macrumors newbie

unlocked iphone

my iphone was sold to me as unlocked. so does that mean I just change the sim card for the net10 and it will work. Thanks for the last reply
charo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting