Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robin J

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
My family has several itunes libraries, which have songs that were imported through Limewire. We have 2 nano's, 1 30-gig, and a shuffle. I recently became concerned about fines that I've learned are being levied against people using limewire, and have decided to delete Limewire, and begin using itunes and Amazonmp3.com. I need to know how this will affect the current libraries we have. I don't want to lose my songs that are already there, when I go to sync it from another source. Also, is there a way I just specify the library I want the songs loaded into, when using itunes and Amazon? Also, I'd like to copy my library to a laptop I have, as well. How would I do this? Do I need to download itunes or Amazon software onto it? If I do, how much space would it take up? Thanks for any help you can give to me!
-Not very tech-savvy Robin

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
If you hold down the option key while launching iTunes it'll ask you which library you want to use, plus give you the option of creating a new library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.