Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Well, since you don't have much content there, it's hard to give you feedback on much. I did notice a couple of things you might want to change.

For one, since you're using CSS already, take out the font tags in the body and replace them with styles, ideally applied to standard headings (h1, h2, etc) and p tags. Also, using pts in your font-size declarations is kind of a no-no, since pts aren't that universal a measurement on screen. Go with ems or %, since IE/Win can't resize text measured in px.

You may as well take out that table, too, since you're already messing with absolute positioning via CSS. It'll clean-up the code considerably.

Finally, I'd do away with the image map for your top nav, or at the very least add alt text to the maps to let people with images off or using alternate browsers what the links are.

And, as always, validate, validate, validate! Your CSS is clean, but there are some errors in your HTML that need fixing up.

W3C HTML Validator

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Rower made some good points...

I dislike maps because they take a lot of code and are quite a hassle for you, the site designer to set up.

Since you already have a grasp on CSS, I would stick with it and try to move away from tables all together.

Overall, from a artistic standpoint, I love the look of the page. It's clean, simple, sticks out, and I know what I'm there for and where I'm going to be going if I click anything. Nice job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.