Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 8, 2008, 05:51 PM   #1
TheNightPhoenix
macrumors 6502

Digital Copy in UK

Just seen an advert for "What happen in Vegas" They went into the fact it had "digital copy".

Not heard of any discs here having it before, maybe something is going to be announced tomorrow?
TheNightPhoenix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 06:02 PM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
This is what was announced in the US when "Family Guy: Blue Harvest" was released earlier in the year. I believe participation is up to the studios. There were some prior to the announcement, but they were Windows Media only ("Die Hard: 4.0" was one). It just requires the movie to also be available from the iTunes store and the special program on the DVD (or supplemental DVD) to setup.

TEG
Old Sep 8, 2008, 06:27 PM   #3
TheNightPhoenix
macrumors 6502

I know it was announce last year, but it's not been available in the UK.
Blue harvest etc all come sans Digital copy, I think this is the first time it's been seen outside of the USA.
TheNightPhoenix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 07:13 PM   #4
Saladinos
macrumors 68000

I wish they'd roll it out more aggressively. I'm going to get the Godfather trilogy on Blu-Ray, and would be stoked if it came with a digital copy.

Watching the godfather on the train. Is there anything more awesome?
Saladinos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 05:34 AM   #5
Saladinos
macrumors 68000

Oh, I should add that I'm even more angry. I want to buy Wall-E and Nightmare Before Xmas on Blu-Ray, and they come with digital copies in the US, and nothing in Europe.

Why the difference? They're digital copies! I don't want to have to buy the movies again on my Mac, or buy a BD-ROM and rip them. Just make it easy. Please. And international.
Saladinos is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod