Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 8, 2008, 09:35 PM   #1
doihaveto
macrumors newbie

How to create a compilation album in iTunes to be used on an ipod Touch???

Completely new to iTunes here and am currently adding cd's and random mp3's I have to iTunes. Theres a folder on my old mp3 player full of random songs from various artists that I was hoping could just be represented by a single album in coverflow i.e.various tracks

But when I go to add the folder to iTunes, it's splitting every single song up individually, so instead of one album in coverflow with my various tracks I'd have every single song I'd have to scroll through in coverflow. Is there anyway I can stop this from happening and just put them all into one folder?
doihaveto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:04 PM   #2
avv4293
macrumors newbie

Maybe you can select all those songs, and give them the same album name so that they all appear to belong to a single album...it might work...
avv4293 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:43 PM   #3
doihaveto
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by avv4293 View Post
Maybe you can select all those songs, and give them the same album name so that they all appear to belong to a single album...it might work...
Yeh I have tried that with no luck. I also tried going to the 'get info' and then checking the part of compilation button. After that only 4 songs stayed together lol, the rest are still all singled out...Maybe I'll just have to live with it
doihaveto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:55 PM   #4
Ivan P
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Ivan P
Quote:
Originally Posted by doihaveto View Post
Yeh I have tried that with no luck. I also tried going to the 'get info' and then checking the part of compilation button. After that only 4 songs stayed together lol, the rest are still all singled out...Maybe I'll just have to live with it
I had the same problem, what you have to do is modify the track numbers. First, see how many tracks there are in the 'compilation', then select them all and press Get Info. There's two boxes under "Track number"; select the SECOND one and type in the number of tracks (also put in 1 of 1 for Disc Number). Press ok, then select ONLY the first track and press Get Info again. This time, select the FIRST track number box, and type in '1', press next and type '2', then '3' for the next track and so on until you get to the end of the compilation. It should then group them all together because they're all marked as being on the same disc and in a specific order.
Ivan P is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod