Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Sep 9, 2008, 03:06 PM   #1
ssheinfi
macrumors newbie

iPhone App Incremental Payment Options

Are there any examples of iPhone apps that leverage PayPal, Obopay or CreditCard options for users?

I wish that Apple would set up a recurring monthly payment method for certain apps, but it hasn't. And I don't want to have to redirect users to a website to complicate the account creation process.

Related question... If so, are there any predefined development "templates" to leverage?

Thanks

Last edited by ssheinfi; Sep 9, 2008 at 03:19 PM.
ssheinfi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 03:07 PM   #2
fishkorp
macrumors 68020

I believe Apple doesn't allow that method. If they found out you required monthly payment they'd probably pull your app. Other apps require monthly subscriptions to external services, but the app itself doesn't require a monthly fee.
fishkorp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps