Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 9, 2008, 04:42 PM   #1
CHP4LiFe
macrumors newbie

E-mail: Comcast vs Hotmail

I did a quick search and didn't really come up with anything. I currently have my 3G setup with my Comcast and Hotmail (premium) E-mail accounts. With my Comcast account, anytime I receive an E-mail, I get the audible/vibrate notification along with the little "1" that comes up next to the Mail app. Great.

With my Hotmail account, I don't get any kind of notification. I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of all of my Emails and click "Load More Messages: 2 unread."

Am I missing something or is that just the way Hotmail is? I would like to have some notification that I have new E-mails with Hotmail.
CHP4LiFe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 04:47 PM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
Just sound like you need to adjust the Fetch time.

TEG
Old Sep 9, 2008, 05:42 PM   #3
CHP4LiFe
macrumors newbie

Adjusting the fetch time will make my Hotmail E-mails arrive the same way my Comcast E-mails do???

How so? Both my Comcast and Hotmail accounts are setup to fetch hourly yet my Hotmail E-mails recieve no kind of notification when arriving.
CHP4LiFe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 07:19 PM   #4
pcorrado
macrumors regular

have you tried deleting the account on the phone and then either setting it up again or sycing it again trhough itunes? I have no idea if this helps but sounds like an issue with configuration - do you have the correct port setting for the pop and smtp server?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone