Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Jan 17, 2004, 07:20 PM   #1
sonofslim
macrumors 6502a

Macrumors.com and iSeek

i picked up iSeek from ambrosia software recently -- great little tool, from great people and definitely worth the $15 -- and i was going to customize it so i could search the MR forums directly.

however, upon examining the search results URL, it doesn't appear that you can submit a search through any other means than the usual search form.

for example, if i want to search google, i can use this url: http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=

and just tack on whatever search term i want at the end. but when you search the MR forums, the result URLs look like this: forums.macrumors.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=393971&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

which looks like the php server is storing my search term somewhere and not retrieving it from the http_post variables.

if that's the case, then i don't think i can configure iSeek to search the forums... unless anyone knows different?
sonofslim is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community