Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chapmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
UK
Hi all,

I've been using a 1st gen Nano and Nike + for a couple of years now. Its fantastic and I wouldn't be without it.

Looking at the release yesterday it appears that Nike+ has changed its 'look and feel' with a smarter interface which is shown on both the new nano and the touch. I couldn't work out if there were new features as well, and the Nike+ pages on the Apple website don't provide much detail. When I checked the Nike site it hadn't been updated.

My question is: is the 'new look and feel' dependant on the nano or have they upgraded the nike+ kit as well?

In other words - if I buy a new nano and plug in my 2 year old Nike+ kit do I get the new look and feel, or will I have to buy a new Nike + kit as well?

Anyone know the answer? The former would be great as I could just swap out my old nano, but the latter would problem as I would have to throw away all the accumulated stats and data for 2 years of running.

Thanks,

Dom.

gldelx

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2008
my understanding is the nike+ kit has not changed - just if using the touch, the receiver is built in instead of needing to be plugged in.

I have a 3rd gen Nano, and just checked this morning if there was an update for it, thinking there might have been something (new athlete messages or something), but nope :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.